Friday, August 9, 2013

Writing by the Month October Lessons

I have been working on a year long project called "Writing by the Month." Currently, I have finished September and am just in the editing stages of the October unit. It will be live on TPT soon :). There is a fun 5 lesson project in the unit where students will write an essay about the history of Halloween. I wanted to refer people to some good websites for students to gather information for this informative essay. If computer time is short, teachers can print off several articles and make class sets (just make sure students cite their sources correctly in their bibliographies!). Here are some suggested websites for researching the history of Halloween:
history.com
The American Folklife Center
Time for Kids
Halloween History

Good Luck and Enjoy :)
PS
Just for fun I am adding a freebie from this product. This is an "Anti-Plagiarism Checklist and Contract." This year I want to hold kids accountable for their work! I am going to make them read through and check off each item on this list and sign the contract saying this is their original work and then have them staple it to their report. I hope this can work for you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment