Thursday, June 27, 2013

Throwback Thursday

I can't believe I will be beginning my 5th year of teaching this August. Time sure has flown by! I was hired as a sixth grade teacher and am still a sixth grade teacher, at the same school--I wouldn't want it any other way. I love my co-workers, classroom, and school community. I remember when I first go hired at my job. It was my second interview. Actually, the principal emailed me, and asked me to come in! I was very nervous, but was prepared with my resume, letters, and digital portfolio. The second I walked into the principal's office I knew I wanted to work at my school. She was very welcoming and excited to hear what I had to say. I don't really remember anything about the interview except that I thought I rocked it, lol. After the interview we on a tour of the school, I remember being very impressed with the library--I guess my library growing up must have been small.
Later that night I received a call saying I got the job! I was so excited to be teaching 6th grade. It was only the end of May so I had all the way until August to get ready. I started planning the next day :) Isn't that the life of a teacher? Always planning, changing, and revising! Working at my current position has been an excellent decision in my life and I am so glad to be here.

1 comment: